These are some of the “Allied Families and Significant Others” highlighted in Logan Connections.
- Daniel Gass and Hanchen (various spellings) — Daniel Gass was born in either Prussia or Saxony, Germany. Hanchen — Americanized as Joanna or Hannah — was born in either Prussia or Hannover, Germany. After immigrating to the U.S., they lived first in Randolph County, then Perry County, Illinois. Three Gass sons married three Logan daughters.
- A Gass daughter, Emma, married Thomas Jefferson Harland in Perry County, Illinois. The family later moved to Washington County, Iowa.
- Joseph Gass remained a bachelor farmer all his life in southern Illinois.
- William Given was Robert Given’s brother. Robert Given married a daughter of Drury Logan and Sarah Ann Lyons Logan. William Given was a Civil War veteran.
- Green Graham was closely associated with the Logan family in Warren, later Allen County, Kentucky. One sister, Celia, married Joshua Logan. Another, Sarah “Sallie,” married Young Logan.